Click here for sample issue.
Click here for a sample of our
daily Contract Opportuntities e-mail
Leading Stories from Set-Aside Alert
Hard Times for HUBZone Vendors?
Awards falling, set-asides scarce; survey shows frustrations
By Alice Lipowicz, Editor, Set-Aside Alert
The HUBZone program has been struggling for a while now, and the latest data suggest the hard times may be lingering.
After peaking five years ago, the Small Business Administration’s HUBZone program has been falling further behind in meeting its goals each year. Awards have fallen for four years in a row.
A Set-Aside Alert exclusive survey of 370 HUBZone vendors shows many signs of discontent: “Costly waste of time” and “made to fail” were among the many negative comments received about the program.
But there are a few bright spots, and the HUBZone firms are not giving up yet: three-quarters of the respondents planned to renew their certifications for another three years.
For the rest of this story,
Set-Aside Alert is the premier federal government contract information service, focused on small businesses, minority-owned and women-owned businesses, veteran- and SDV-owned businesses, SBA 8(a)-certified companies and HUBzone businesses. Since 1992, our market intelligence service includes daily e-mail notices of all small business contracting opportunities and biweekly newsletters providing the latest news, insider tips and proven strategies used by successful small businesses.
Here's what people say about Set-Aside Alert:
Click here for more information about Set-Aside Alert
- "Thanks. Your publication provides an outstanding service to small businesses interested in doing business with the federal government." - President/CEO of small business in Miramar Beach FL
- "Thank you for a great source of Small Business information." - USAF Small Business Specialist
- "Tom, I appreciate your news from Set-Aside Alert...Set-Aside is a must as we move forward." - SDVOSB business owner
- "Set-Aside Alert...is always timely, useful and informative. We believe it to be a must-read in the Set-Aside market." - Homeland security contractor
- "You provide a great publication with invaluable insider information that no small business should be without." - 8(a) certification consultant
- "The day doesn't seem right without my Set-Aside Alert" - WOSB/SDB exec
- "We subscribe to Set-Aside Alert and find it to be very informative." - GSA regional small business specialist
- "[T]hanks for the information in the newsletter; I even find the older issues to have info of interest." - director, strategic partnerships of CMMI Level 3 small business
- "The concise contract summaries are very helpful!" - account exec
- "I learn more from Set-Aside Alert than from my own agency training program." - SBA staff member